Thursday, July 06, 2006

men and pregnancy

ok, to begin i am not complaining of my husband. he is great help and does more than i could ask for; but how much do men really understand pregnancy. i have been sick, but i am not a throw-up person. i always wish i could b/c i know i will feel so much better afterwards. on sun afternoon i felt horrible. we were all laying on our bed discussing our plans for the afternoon. i looked at everbody and said, "i'm gonna throw up!" so i rush to the bathroom and start the dry heaving that leads to the greatness of first trimester nausea.

kirk first comes in there while i am leaning over the toilet and responds with "honey, i can't believe you are throwing up, you never t hrow up. sydney, go get mom some crackers and juice." i spew more at the sound of food and look over my shoulder at my husband leaning against the counter impressesd and my 2 year old scared crazy and confused and then my 5 year old holding crackers. i realize this is real life - i am a mom.

after all is said and done, i did feel better and my husband rubs my shoulders and is excited by my drama. he comments, "wow, when was the last time you threw up? i think it's been 9 years. oh, that is a sign that this is a boy. i can feel it!" then the nausae came back. is this really the comfort i get? all that we go through and we get they can FEEL it, it's a sign. do i even have the nerve at this point to disappoint him and tell him it is more than a 90% chance of being a girl. can i crush his ego and excitement.

i was the topic and highlight of his entertainment. and if for some odd reason this is a boy - i dare to imagine him there after. needless to say, i have felt worse than ever. getting out of bed and brushing my teeth seem to be a hassle. my 5 year old is taking care of the 2 year old and i feel even more guilty. i cannot wait for the next three weeks to be over. hopefully this stage will pass shortly! and i wish men could experience pregnancy, so they could feel it....

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

How are you feeling this week? I have been thinking about you and praying for you. Sure missing your face around here! Update on how things are going as far as finding a new church, friends, etc. Also, I want to see pics of your, I am sure oh so cute, new house!