Friday, December 19, 2008

Dallas ROCKS!




I ran the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon last week. It was fun and so neat to do something that 15,000 people participated in! Two friends that I run with ran it with me, but I was joined by some family members as well. My brother and his wife (she ran the full marathon and totally rocked it out!), Kirk's brother-in-law ran the marathon and did amazing too. Kirk's two cousins and one of their husbands ran the half too. When you are waiting in a huge pack of people, there is an army fligh over, and you are being broadcast on ESPN, you begin to build up some wild adrenaline and feel so huge. We loved it all and are glad we did it. Now we move on in our training for the big marathon day in February.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your are AWESOME!!!!
I admire anyone who runs, because I HATE it. Way to go girl!

The Adams said...

We did it again!! I need you to send me that picture. It's a lot better than the one I have. :)

Lisa Renee said...

YOU are the one that rocks!!! Way to go little whittle!

Darla said...

Wow you go girl. I think maybe one day when I get off my lazy butt. I might want to try something like that but today is not that day.

The Binkley Family said...

How fun! We watched that on TV. I was kinda wishing I was out there again!