Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Merry Christmas and another reality check!



Here are my Ninny and AJ. Trying to get the best picture is practically impossible, but aren't they all cute?










Hope everyone has a great holiday - time off. We are travelling to Lubbock and will hopefully see snow! I am ready to be in cold weather. I am excited to see children's face light up when Santa comes and to watch them play with all of their presents.

On a side note, here is my reality story for this week:
Yesterday morning, I stumped my 4th toe against the ladder to Ninny's bunk bed. It hurt horribly. It went numb for a while. I could feel myself getting sick to my stomach. (I have a high pain tolerance and transfer pain when something is wrong) I told Big Johnson that I thought I broke my toe, please look at it b/c I cannot reach it nor see it up close. He looks at it and twists it and rplies, it is not swollen or bruised so it is ok. I am bearing the pain......

I leave the house at 9:30am and return at 6:45 pm. I have been on my feet all day long finishing up all shopping, getting a haircut (one luxury) and going to the Dr. My legs are swollen and in pain, and I still cannot feel my toe. I go to my room to take a hot bath (a must for me when exhausted) I get in the tub and hold my foot up to get a glance at my toe. It is black and blue and red. I call Big Johnson back in to look closer for me and give me an update. He gasps at the sight (hopefully of my toe, not me in the tub!!!!) He calls my sister-in-law who is a pa. When I get out of the tub, I have an ice pack, pillows to elevate my legs, a glass of water with tylenol and finally - his sympathy. Yes, it takes a broken toe that is black to get sympathy from a man; ok, plus direct instructions from our family dr. helped me out too. I don't care what it took, I milked the evening for all it was worth. I still cannot put full pressure on my foot, but I am proceeding with life. One eveneing "off" and "pampered" was all I needed to be renewed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!! Hope you are feeling better! The girls are just precious! I can't believe #3 is almost here. Wow how time flies!

Lisa Renee said...

Oh my goodness.... I am so sorry! Your husband and mine are SO much alike in SO many ways! I am glad you got some releif. I love all the pictures. Hope you had nice time in Lubbock. We were gone that entire time so I am sorry we missed you :( Hope you had a nice New Year's! Does lil girl have a name yet?

mammadavis said...

Bless your heart. Isn't it funny the ways we have to torture ourselves before we can relax? Hope your toe feels better. Your girls looked so pretty in their red dresses.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I noticed you are getting close to your due date. When is it? Do you have any plans as far as scheduled deliveries? Cade's b-day is Feb 11.