Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ode to Sue

Jill mentioned that I should write an entry about adventures in the world of Sue. So, I am only going to mention "ideas" of stories. If you lived in Katie Rogers while we were there, I am sure you will know the story to these topics..... these are in random order as they pop into my head. i am sure i will leave off many, and these are in way meant to offend others that were there!

Ramen Noodles
Meeting guys who were coincidently from Tatum
grapefruits at pledge week
saran wrapping jill's door
garage sales (other people's belongings)
stinky feet
clowns
pledge
canon in d
cankles
lingerie in a girls' dorm?
saran wrapping toilets
belting burgers up through a window
scaring people and getting chased by nathan b
our first outing with nathan and mabbie
doug/trent (lisa we got some stories for you)
master follies - which one?
skipping the entry test our freshman year - where were we? ok, i was there, where were you?
Kettles - can you really get kicked out of there? YES!
Denny's - for accepting us when Kettle would not
bacon
vienna sausages
spending the night at kim's
all nighter's in the dorm
staying up til 3:00 am and then kim and i going to class at 7:30, but what, your first class is after chapel?
dorm duty
getting dorm duty for cleaning dishes (wich was our oiriginal dorm duty) in our room sinks

exam night (what was that tradition)
deep blue something
poky cows
being called intimidating - what us?
Gosh, there are so many more. Mel and Jill, help me out!

what great memories and laughs and i am so glad we did not have digital cameras back then. we would be in trouble!

9 comments:

Jill said...

i do have a great picture of us "posing" in the hallway...we look SOOO sexy. what were we thinking?!?!
thanks for that...you brought back some great memories!

realitymomma said...

i had an error. this is not meant to offend. and then it left off one line. people kept using those dishes and we kept cleaning them in our rooms. NASTY! we were pitiful. I teach kids like i was and they bother me. i now feel sorry for my teachers and i owe my ra's some money or something.

realitymomma said...

you've got to post the picture. i'm sure i am doing something horrible. but i least i can see a pic when i was skinny - and i thought i was fat!

SS said...

Wow, lots of memories. Give me a while and I'll come up with some more! Does roasting marshmellows on my dorm floor ring a bell??? I'll think of some good ones!

Larissa said...

SuzAnne told me about this blog and I had to read it. It makes me laugh, b/c SuzAnne and I are very different, but ohhhh I see just how much we truly are related. Our college days and dorms days have a very familiar ring to them. I get scared when people start telling stories, b/c I never know which one it will be!

Lisa Renee said...

Wow, obviously lots of insides there. Yeah, not sure I want to hear the stories of Doug and Trent, I am going to go ahead and say that ignorance is bliss!

Happy Mama said...

OK- I must have missed a lot that first semester when I was not in the dorms. Second semester all of my memories include us and crazy Paige...I'd write them, but what if she found this and then came after me??!!

Procters said...

Ahh...dorm life. It was such a blast. I think that I was there for the marshmallow roast. A big burned spot on the floor in front of Suzanne's sink comes to mind.

Sara said...

Oh wow...a whole post about SUZANNE? Doesn't even freakin surprise me. She is such a crazy woman. Anyone remember this one?
"It's pledge week, she brings me a gun and says..."So Sara, what would you do with this gun if I handed it to you? oooh, oh, oh, wait, let me turn around...."
Anyone, anyone?
Yeah Amy I think you were sitting right there in the front row...
and to think...I hadn't even dated Joel Thompson yet. She would have REALLY been mean to me then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine!
Love you Suz.