Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the boat saga begins....chapter 1

God spoke, but I think his message was unclear! Here we go on what will be numerous stories I am sure. Kirk found a boat that he loved. It is a '93 and blue. It is in great shape and it was a great price. I was hesitant on an older boat b/c it will break down more. Big Johnson as he likes to be called insisted and justified with it doesn't matter the model, year or else on a boat; they all break down, it is part of owning a boat. I told him to do whatever, it is his deal. (you know it was more words than that!)

So, he got the boat on Tues, we take it out on Friday night. We have 4 kids with us. We tour our lake for the first time and BIG J- decides to open her up (full blast) to see how she does. SHE DIED! We are in the middle of the lake, sunset, winds pick up and down to barely 60'. Big J- as you know him is steaming. I don't have to say "I told you so," b/c his anger is more than enough. (yes, i have learned to filter). Little AJ blurts out - "great now we are going to have to swim." and proceeds to ask if the boat needs more batteries.

I am dying inside - the kids are shivering and we have to get towed back to our trailer! It was an ordeal and the boat has been in the shop since Sat morning. I hope Big J- agrees with his own sermon about boats breaking down. At least we paid for the thing and do not owe on it; so any extra money can go to its tune-ups and break-downs!!!!

Final thought: on Sun on the way home from church we pass a boat on the highway and AJ says- "Daddy, remember our boat? It break down. Where is our boat daddy? why it not at our home?" and the nshe cries over the silly thing. Yes, I could not filter that - I lost it. He simply replied, "thanks for reminding me." and the n smirks at me with the look - "are you happy now?"

however, whenever we get the boat back to running, I will post some pics of this infamous THING! (and to those of you who are observant - I couldn't sleep!)

7 comments:

Jill said...

oh man...what a story. at least the boat will give you years of memories! i must admit, i still have to work on my filter...sometimes I told you so just seems too hard to pass up.
can't wait to hear more stories and see some pics!

SS said...

Alright, I've been laughing for the past couple of minutes. Filtering your mouth is one thing, but I know good and well you didn't filter the look on your face when it broke down. I love this story! Tell "Big J" I said hello and happy boating :)

realitymomma said...

what a shame! you all know me way too well.....

Darla said...

This is such a great story. I am still laughing thinking about you guys in the middle of the lake. I really love that the kids just keep rubbing it in more. I am also keeping you in my prayers about next year and your job.

Happy Mama said...

Oh girl- love the "chapter 1" title- you know there's never a dull moment huh? OK, and that is so funny that little AJ is your voice when you actually filter yourself... (are you sure you did? I am so proud of you- I'm still working on that:)... great story and I am sure we will hear lots more with this adventure. I think instead of Big J we should call him CAPTAIN KIRK.... heehee

Sara said...

Since you've been asking about our bathroom the most of everyone(thanks for being interested, you rock) I thought I'd tell you that I've posted new pics! Go take a look!!!

Sara said...

That is hilarious...I hate to say. I'm sure you did not think it was that funny at all at the time. I would have been furious! I hate being in the cold and Brad knows that!!!
Thanks for the knee slapper.