Saturday, May 31, 2008

Red White and Blue


Well, let's see for an update. For Memorial Day weekend, we played out on the lake (you did not see that coming did you?) with some friends, we went car shopping. Now that is a story.....


I wanted a suburban (again) when I went back to work. Never got it. Then Kirk gets a boat and our van cannot pull the boat, so guess who got a suburban? Horrible time to get a suburban, yes; but you can steal those suckers now b/c nobody in their right mind wants to get one! We did get a nice one with great mileage and our payment only went up $75 than from our van. We are all happy, but there is the gas thing :(


I am finally free from school - still do not know about a job in China Spring. I do know I am going to soak up the summer. We had graduation last night - 433 kids. Checked everything out this morning and I am officially OFF for the summer! Now I am working on VBS in two weeks.


All is good and am looking forward on getting caught up on all that I had put off until summer. If you are looking for a cheap summer trip, come see me. I will take you out on the boat. We are only 1 1/2 hours from Dallas and Austin, so come on; there's lots to do.

5 comments:

Happy Mama said...

FREEDOM!!!!! Woo hoo! That is the best feeling and I know you are going to enjoy every second at home with the fam. Congrats on the Suburban- the gas- uuuggghhh-I have a Yukon XL and gas in Roswell is $4/gallon- can you say 100 bucks to fill that bad boy up? Enjoy your summer! I hope we run into each other sometime- Your kids are SO cute! Taytum has grown so much!

autumnesf said...

Just wanted to say hi! I'm assuming you are in the China Spring area as we are -- also transplants! Your girls are lovely. I also have three kids and will be helping out at VBS soon! You don't happen to go to HBC do you? (If you do you will understand the initials). My blog is http://autumnaskswhy.blogspot.com if you want to take a peak.
Autumn

Jill said...

congrats on the new car...brody needs a new one but we are thinking hybrid. one suv in the family is enough!! :)

Darla said...

Wow, you are out for summer. I still have 3 more days to go. New car that is always fun!

SS said...

I'm sure you're so happy to out for the summer. Enjoy your time with the beautiful kiddos! Maybe work on giving Kirk a boy???? I don't blame you for getting a suburban. I know that gas prices are crazy, but I couldn't live without an SUV. I heard that their going to stop making H2's and that's what I would love to have....I know, keep dreaming. The gas for that would be more than our mortgage.