Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I owe; I owe; so off to work I go.....

Well, summer is officially over for me, the first day of orientation. Last year at the big 4A school we had a week long of useless info. Today in my small 1A, we met for lunch at a steakhouse, they took all 7 of us on a tour and then to the tech lab to get our emails and go over a few internet things, and then we'll see you tomorrow. And all teachers are back tomorrow. WOW! only a 1/2 day of new teacher orientation. "I think I'm gonna like it here...."
However, Kirk left this morning for market until Sunday night; Syd comes in my room at 7 to tell me she threw up down the hallway, the other two kids are just now getting over a virus and have snot running down their noses. It all happens on the first day back, but " I will survive, I will survive...."

I am really looking forward to the small town small school atmosphere and will love the slower pace of life. Did I mention because only 10 kids are signed up for speech, I will not have to teach this in the fall. What, an extra conference? "I think I'm gonna like it here!"

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry about the sick kiddos, that is extra tough when your help is gone. That is great about your new school. I'm nervous about returning to work; I hope I find a great situation like yours!

PS Your title sounds like a Master Follies song, cute! :)

SS said...

1/2 day inservice??? I didn't know those existed. I'm sure you're going to love it; be nice to the kids because I know how you can get (you old grouch). I responded to your comments on my blog!

Brad and Amy said...

1/2 day inservice??? Must be that they know how brilliant you already are . . . I've been back (officially) since Monday. Of course that doesn't count the 5 days that I was there in July interviewing. Guess that's why I get paid the big bucks . . . lol!

Jill said...

that seriously sounds like a PERFECT job if there ever was one! hope the kids feel better and you stay well at least until kirk gets back~

Happy Mama said...

Sounds perfect for you, congrats-that is awesome!! love your title by the way- cute! I also like your new blog layout- very fun! Hope you have a great year and your babies get well soon.

Lisa Renee said...

Sweet! Here's to a good year! Picture me holding up a sonic diet coke to toast you with!

Sharon said...

Love your new blog look! Geez, I can't believe your already back in school! I have new teacher inservice on Tuesday (19th), 2 days of "useless info" (snagged your quote!) :P & then MTN Thursday night before the kiddos come back on the 25th. Sorry to hear about your sweeties being sick, hope they feel better soon!