Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The day I gave up chocolate

Ok, not only has it been a while since my last post - but come on three kids. And I can officially say, I have gone off my rocker. Life has changed and routines are different and yet, I look in the mirror and think, "What has my life come to?" Please do not get me wrong, I find so much joy in my kids and husband; I would not trade anything for them. They are what makes me me, these days at least. Well, the reason for my title: again, looking in the mirror, I see I need to lose more baby weight, 8 pounds from this pregnancy, 15 pounds from the second pregnancy and about 10 from the first. YOU CAN DO THE MATH! So, I am working on my diet, but to do that, I know I am going to have to give up chocolate. Now, I do not eat candy bars or eat tons of cookies or sweets, I eat chocolate. My favorite are bittersweet morsels. They are sweet going in, but bitter once they land on the hips and stomach. I think - I know I have been eating more due to trying to survive life lately. So that has lead me to give up chocolate. There is a hook; though. I can have a bite of sweet at Easter and or if I am at an event. I cannot eat all the little candies my family has in sight everywhere. I am being realistic. Every five pounds I get a reward: CHOCOLATE! and maybe a new outfit........ So, I will need to draw willpower and strength from you all.

Please send encouraging thoughts. (most of you have my email address, or leave a comment)
Please pray for me ( I wish I was kidding!)
Please tell me there is a patch for this.

I heard on the Today show today it takes 21 days to break a bad habit. YIKES!!!!! I can say, I said I was going to give up chocolate today, and I did that - I gave it up today. We will see what happens with tomorrow.

And while my hands are jittery, my head hurts (from thinking about chocolate), and I am excited to lose weight, I will talk about my coke problem another time.

Until then, here's to looking at you chocolate.

7 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I have been wondering about you...I am sorry that you are having to give up chocolate. My friends and I have been doing a "new healthy lifestyle" and they have all been losing their pounds and I have lost NOTHING, so I am probably going to have to give up much more than just chocolate. I commiserate with you! Things will get better! :)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Good luck on the giving up chocolate! In my estimation, 21 days is just long enough to get you through until PMS hits again. I think that for me it would take a little longer to break the habit, because I'm positive I would cave at least every 21 to 24 days...

realitymomma said...

let me rewind a minute: i am not giving up chocolate for life, that would just be nonsense! it is temporarly while i get "me" back in order.

A D said...

I will be praying for you that the Lord will give you wisdom and power to dominate your craving for chocolate.
Replace one habit with another. When you feel the need for chocolate chew a piece of gum or drink some water. Granted the taste might not be the same but it will fill that need for the time being. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Confess you are delivered from chocolate in the name of Jesus. Believe you don't need it and your desire for it will go away - with Jesus' help of course.
Miss you

SS said...

That sounds great in theory, but I say "screw giving up chocolate"!!! I think it would be easier and quicker to just have one of those surgeries or something like that. However, I admire you for your dedication. I still have 10 pounds of baby fat to get rid of, so I understand.

I asked about Lynn at KW because we were considering them, but due to several factors we settled on Greg Garrett this morning. For now, it's going to be a good situation. If I decide to do it seriously, switching to KW will probably be a good decision...I'll have to wait and see.

Klamfam said...

Way to go girl! Chocolate is a staple in my diet. I can't imagine giving it up. But I know that someday (sooner rather than later) I too will join ranks. But for now I will pray for you (and see how it goes).

Lisa Renee said...

You go girl!