Thursday, April 05, 2007

it just sneaks up on you

Well, I have to say I did real well for three days. I was fine on not craving chocolate, or being tempeted by candy and morsels, and all that.You all must have been praying hard for me! Anyways, I messed up without even realizing I was eating or shall I say, drinking chocolate. I hate milk, but every now and then, I crave it. However when I drink it cannot be plain, so I load it down with chocolate powder. So there I was, drinking chocolate milk. THat ruined it for me, so I decided to not give it up totally. I don't eat the things that are "bad" for the hips and gut. I figured though; that I probably should have the milk.

It did make me think - how the devil sneaks in on us daily. I do not ever have to worry about murdering, adultry, stealing, and some of those "BIG" sins. But the devil has a way of sneaking in all those "little" sins without us even know we are sinning. Every time I drink my chocolate milk, I think instead of the things I need to work on like gossiping and some other things we do daily without hesitation. Chocolate milk was once what crashed me and ruined my efforts, but it is also the exact thing that keeps me on the right track. What irony.

Therefore let me sum up: Eat chocolate, one should not deprive the soul, but have the strength to stand strong! I will still refuse to eat a chocolate bunny.

5 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

This makes me think of the Veggie Tales Video!!!! Great spin on things!

A D said...

You are exactly right. That is how the devil sneeks in and messes things up. But just like God, He leads you down a brighter path and with the knowledge that you learned from your detour.
Love you girl. Keep up the good work.

The Binkley Family said...

Thanks for the sweet compliment on my blog. I am sure you are glowing too with all those precious girls!

Keep your chin up!The chocolate will not be an easy defeat, but it can be defeated!I think God likes to remind us that we cannot do things with our own strength... though we like to think we can!

Jill said...

Hey Amy! Somehow through a friend of a friend of a friend, I came across your blog. I hope all is well with you. Congrats on your new little one. We are having another baby in August. I'm actually due on my daughter Scarlett's 3rd birthday. Anyway, just wanted to say hi...glad I found you!

Lisa Renee said...

Lilke the month of May???