Thursday, July 26, 2007

hello allergy child


Syd and AJ spent a week in Lubbock at my parents' house. It was a real treat to only have one kid. I was able to get so many little task done that have been piling up on me. I met my mom in Abilene on Sat to pick them up. Sunday night AJ was congested and running a low fever. Then on Monday night, she is running a 102.6 fever and can hardly breathe. We went to the Dr. on Tues morning and were there for three hours. I am thinking this is allergies from being in Lubbock and then coming back to humidityville. Next thing I know, they are taking x-rays, doing a breathing treatment and talking about admitting her to the hospital. I felt pathetic as a mom. How did it get to this? Fortunately, they decided to not admit that it was bronchitis; but to watch it closely. It is scary to see a child not be able to breathe! We take breath for granted. So three sleepless nights later, I think she is finally doing better. I still have to take her back to check her progress, but last night we got scared again when her fever rose up. I just pray the rest of us stay healthy and can avoid this. They also want us to take her and have her checked out for asthma. So, after having three children with no earinfections - no tubes- and no serious problems, we are about to be introduced into the world of asthma and allergies! Here is a picture of her doing a breathing treatment. It was so sad to see. I hope she gets over all this soon. I NEED SOME SLEEP!!!!

5 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I can definitely relate to the loser mom feelings. Kids just get so sick so fast. It seems most of the time it truly happens over night! Hope she feels better soon.

SS said...

Poor thing...I can hear you saying, "you're fine, quit whining and suck it up!" That is obviously before you realize that there is something really wrong. I hope she gets to feeling better.

Jill said...

bless her heart...i hope she is feeling better soon.

Lisa Renee said...

Sorry little alayna! Hope she is back to normal real soon, You too!

The Binkley Family said...

Sorry about that. Looks like she took her treatments better than Zach who thought he was undergoing to worst torture second only to taking his antibiotic.